As on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 15:30, our provincial regulatory body has instructed us to follow the guidance of our National Association after the Chief Medical Health Officer for the Government of Saskatchewan declared a state of emergency in order to address the COVID-19 Pandemic. This means that therapy involving touch for non-emergent cases (massage, chiropractic and physical therapy) will be halted until we are given the green light to continue.
Mental health services will all still be available over the telephone or videocall. We are working on having physical therapy and exercise therapy availalbe over teletechnology as fast as we can.
Our gym and yoga studio are closed as per Goverment of Saskatchewan direction.
Therefore, our facility will only be open for in person care until Sunday, March 22, 2020. Please call 306.779.1275 to book. All appointments will be sent the questions of the self-assessment the evening prior to their appointments in the format of an intake questionnaire. This should help assist with self-identification. When you arrive at our facility, please wash your hands with soap and water.
We are so grateful to you for your patience and understanding. We know that you were booked in for care because you need it, and we will do our best to keep in touch and answer questions over the phone. If a question arises, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your question and a phone number we can reach you at. We will call you back as quickly as we can.
We are still here for you, just not in person.
Trust us when we say this was one of the most difficult decisions we have had to make, but we know it is the right thing to do.
Yours in health,
The folks at Brownstone Health
Here are some resources from our Mental Health team:
- Anxiety BC: https://www.anxietybc.com
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America: https://adaa.org
Apps for Relaxation and Mindfulness:
- Mindshift (from Anxiety BC website)
- Simple Habit
- Insight Timer
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook: 6th Edition. By Edmund Bourne
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook; 6th Edition, by Martha Davis, Elizabeth Robbins
- Feeling Good: the new mood therapy, By David Burns
- Adult Coloring Book: Butterflies and flowers: stress relieving patterns, by Cherina Kohey
- DARE Workbook: new brave tools to end anxiety, By Barry McDonagh
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety, by John P. Forsyth and Georg H. Eifert
- Stopping the Noise in Your Head: the new way to overcome anxiety and worry, by Reid Wilson
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents, by Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much: a kid’s guide to overcoming anxiety, by Dawn Huebner and Bonnie Matthews
- Anxiety Workbook for Teens, by Lisa M. Schab
- Good Morning, Sunshine!: A story of mindfulness, by Trina Markusson